Spinning, Knitting, Crocheting, Organic Gardening, Living off-grid, and chasing sheep - because- I'm, like, NOT SANE!

Monday, June 09, 2008

No evidence of having ever frolicked.....

One of my favorite shows happened over the weekend, and, true to form, also a show that I am notorious for being unable to provide pics of due to the fact that I seem to either lose, forget entirely, or loan out my camera to Things 1,2, and 3. It's our local version of a 'sheep and wool' and because we are Mainers, we have to make it quirky and true. The Things love it because it is a time to get together with friends, have fun and fiber stimulation, and celebrate being farmers. Come to think of it, I think that's why kids of all ages love it. It was awesome to be able to meet and catch up with so many of you who stopped by to say hello!

The camera thing is disturbing, though, as I haven't been able to find it since we got back from Mass Sheep and Wool. I know I had it because the pics I took there are on the blog so, unless my most vulnerable and paranoid dillusions are correct and the whole wide world can actually SEE and HEAR my thoughts (spooky space music plays here) then it must have been unpacked. After that, it has been elusive. Which really reaks since I have actual completion on some knitting. For someone like me, the actual FINISHING of a knitted item is still a cause for celebration. Kind of like, sea turtles.

Sea Turtles, you say (possibly while you are rolling your eyes and making that little circular motion next to your head like it all sounds insane or something). Just, go with me here. Sea Turtles - their moms have to go on shore in mass quantity to dig their hole, fill it with eggs of love and hope, and then swim away to leave the little babes on their own - amidst fat crocodiles, rude birds, and scavengers of all sorts. Hatching day comes and gabillions of baby sea turtles start racing to the shore, so many being scarfed up on their way by aforementioned piggish, hungry, creatures. So, when the sea turtlette makes it to the ocean and begins to swim - you just know he/she feels lucky....and you hope the luck lasts beyond the second army of predatory hungry ones that little sea turtle has to cheat for a shot at life. So, you know when he/she makes it beyond that - he/she feels REALLY lucky. I think that's how my knitted things must feel. There's so much potential for things to go wrong, for my limited attention span to deter me from picking up the needles one day too many and mean a trip to the frog pond, so many patterns, so many new ideas, that little knitted version of the sea turtle wants to jump on the blog and say, 'hey, I made it!'

off to search for the camera ..... again!