Spinning, Knitting, Crocheting, Organic Gardening, Living off-grid, and chasing sheep - because- I'm, like, NOT SANE!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I don't know WHAT you're talking about...

Mm, mm, mm, nothing makes me want to bash someone over the head like hearing this response. This is most probably because when my crafty and elusive hubster is caught up in something that could get messy, he gently lifts his head to the left or right and proclaims, "I don't know WHAT you're talking about". Now, because I am certain I was a dirty lying bastard in a former life and am, therefore, doomed to a life of perpetual torment, my brilliant teenage daughter has decided to mimick daddy's defense tactic. These, two people I cannot bash over the head - and they have a right, a duty, mind you - to be around me at all times. Thanks, Universe....I'm really feeling that gratitude challenge.

Coat for thing 2? What coat for Thing 2? I don't know WHAT you're talking about. I mean, obviously, I have been diligently working on the damn thing (proof, here, that the reason I probably hate the befuddled act is because I lack the talent to pull it off myself)but, the yard needed cleaning and then the attic starting calling "Come dig through all this shit and find the winter clothes!" How could I resist? The truth is the front of the coat/poncho beast is almost done and the back has been mocking me from the 'thought you'd have me done in a week, hey?' pile for days. Next, we have the sleeves. People, I despise sleeve knitting. Is this an illness or am I just lazy? At some point, I have to cross the sleeve threshold as I have two sweaters in cue that only await sleeves. Sure, I could make them vests but - living in Maine in the winter kinda makes one long for something beyond vest protection. Maybe I need to be more organized (gasp, I need morphine!). I've been contemplating one of those sidebar thingies that force you to track your progress on current projects. Two things have kept me from it. 1) I don't know how the hell to do that and my past experiences with blogger template changes have left me rambling through the yellow pages for emergency psychiatric facilities within walking distance (*if you are too crazy - even your family will refuse to ride in the car with you) and 2) I'll feel real stupid having a whole list of 'waiting on the dork to make sleeves for it' items on there. NEED TO BASH SOMETHING ON THE HEAD...forturnately, I found just the place that a crazy witch can get her kicks bashing things over the head here. Go there, get the job done, but dispel any notions you have of winning high score, now, because I've already done it. It's good to be cruel.....