Spinning, Knitting, Crocheting, Organic Gardening, Living off-grid, and chasing sheep - because- I'm, like, NOT SANE!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Thwack!

I woke Sat. am. with a feeling of impending doom that would have made Frodo himself turn tail and call for mama. Thing 3 had been sick for two days and was improving from the 'sleeping all day' phase to the rather whiny 'somebody fluff my pillows' stage. Hubster usually has to go into work for a few hours every Sat. a.m. and then he mosies home and we try to get the whole farm tucked in in just two days. By 11 a.m., I was steadily annoyed that he wasn't home yet. By 2 p.m., I had choice words to say (which he is proud to mention I left on his voicemail so he has proof of what a monster I am). By 4 p.m., I was all itchy and creepy and really starting to think the world would end. By 5, I no longer knew my name and began drooling on myself, head pounding, neck and back sore, throat raw, and sweating like a whore in church on Sunday. Thwack! We have the flu. All of us except hubster, who is doing penance as we speak fluffing said pillows. When I am better, and presumably not hurling vile insults in his direction for the sheer pleasure of seeing him whince, I will post two of my 3 finished objects. The elvish hippie sweater and a shrug - who knew? but, not the 'deep blue sea' socks that I finished as hubster did the laundry for me (kids puking on thier bed blankets require and emergency laundry endeavor) and seems to have managed to WASH AND DRY one sock, which is now ready for a two year old. Curse! INsults! Evil Eyes!

On a more civil note, the Knit for the Kidlets drive is amazing. Go check it out and you'll see that there is more time for knitting for it than I initially led you to believe!