Spinning, Knitting, Crocheting, Organic Gardening, Living off-grid, and chasing sheep - because- I'm, like, NOT SANE!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Some cwazy wabbit goes and makes a meme!

Well, well, well. Rabbitch did it to Ann so she did it to me.
“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

This should go quick which is good because it is after 8 and I'm just getting some food on the table. Long week? Tell me, when is the last time you wrestled a llama?

only six?

1. I donated most of my belongings, loaded (then) two kids and two cats into a suburban and moved from Texas to Maine to be a farmer.

2. I was a farmer so I had too much wool (because I decided to raise the most simple minded animal on earth and also one who is born with a suicide mission - be it by ingesting something like a plastic bag, or just killing over from fright, or swimming in the water trough...you get the idea. So, I learned to spin. Not knit. i swore to never knit.

3)I soon accumulated much crappy homespun yarn and a nasty rumor was started that I was knitting with it. Pretty soon, people started to talk to me about knitting and, reluctantly, I tried it.

4) I dropped out of college 1.5 semesters before graduation and went home and taught myself to crocet a granny square.

5) Many ugly granny squares later, I realized that maybe living off-grid and enjoying the rugged life was starting to make me a little 'stubborn' (to be read to those who really know me as a raging bull of insanity.

6) This morning I cried when me and the kids saw a huge bald eagle sitting in a tree about 150 ft. from the house. He was magnificent. I will remember him when mud season comes and we are hiking in the 3/4 mile road because it is only seasonally passable.

Now, for who to do it too...this is where my spineless inability to 'not be nice' really shows - like southern roots. Ya'll, I took 'personality class' in Bluebird camp....and wone top honors. So, I say a heaty, I'm sorry to Liz who deserves to be mentioned over an over again for her keen insight and real understanding of the important things but it turns out I am just a dirty sneak, and Cindy (haven't heard from you in a bit - Hi!), and Judy whom I recently came to know in blog knitter world and am frightened at the prospect of her wierd things. Being a voyer,and a wimp, I lack the courage to ask such bold questions myself. All this pain and still only half way there? Okay, I really don't know enough knitter bloggers or I am just being too nice. so, for the sake of getting on with it Julie and Stacey (love the new blog look!) whose been kind enough to knit hats for Knit for the Kidlets and this is what I do to her. Okay, the rest will have to wait. If I don't feed these people, there won't be peace on earth - ever. did I mention I have a very hungry teenager in the house? Also, I may never finish the list because I am a rebel by nature and I am PROTESTING the number 6! Ha.