Spinning, Knitting, Crocheting, Organic Gardening, Living off-grid, and chasing sheep - because- I'm, like, NOT SANE!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Weebles wabble but they don't fall down....

Well, all I have to say is that last week actually looks better to me now, with this week to compare it to and all. I'm not here to air out my soggy laundry, though. Instead, I divert you with the Genius of the Green Woman blog lady who got some of my Wood Elves roving that I spun and beaded with shells, bobbles, and bizzles, too. Just look at what she made with it.

I almost feel better about the fact that I have done next to no knitting myself this week. I was all caught up with clue #2 on the Mystery Stole and ready to sink right into Clue #3 but then my late summer loathing of the married life arrived and I've just been kinda treading water.
Looky, looky, at the pretty little bag (yes, I am trying to visit a river in Egypt). By now you're thinking I've at least been making sure I'm getting ready for the next show that comes up in a week? Nope, not that either. I'll be feeling really competent if I get the Things to the bookstore tomorrow for the BIGGEST DAY IN A KID-READERS LIFE (is that drama I smell?) I don't know what it is about this time of year but it seems that hubster and I come to a place of great separation around now. Times, years, and annual salaries have shifted dramatically these last fifteen years - but none seem to dissolve the fact that we've actually contemplated and began to implement a divorce three times in those years and all were around, well, July! Sometimes we're just changing - and things even themselves out. Sometimes life just keeps us too busy to foster discord - and we are FORCED to be there for each other. It would seem that the large platter of possibilities has been served with a bit of every one this year and I'm feeling really tired at the amount of work it takes to get through a day and still be sure you are human. Now I'm off to spin some yarn, sew some more pants and bags, and keep on working....